Friday, June 13, 2008

It's a Twister!

Well. It's just one week until my "Silent" retreat with God. My DH says I should just save my money and go in the woods. Now, if you know me, you know I don't care for heat, bugs or dirt. What part of going in the woods would make me want to sit and do that? And as for "Silent".....................Anyway, inside my head is a twister. It would seem that no matter how much I prioritise, extract, purge and try to focus, I'm still all twisty turny on the inside. Spiritual warfare at it's finest I'm sure. Well, on the retreat next weekend I look forward to some answers from my Father. I know we are each to do our part. I know what my part is. (that's progress) I just don't know what form it will take.
I am also, like many others, in constant wonder about the state of our state. Twisters, floods, loss of precious young lives. The one consolation is that in 1 Corinthians 15:46 it says that "The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual." Out of this natural mess, God will fill us with wonder of another kind. What powerful stuff must He have ahead for us in the Spirit? How could we not of seen HIM before?

No comments: